Attorney Steven H. Wetter knows this because he has done it. As an assistant state attorney for six years in Tampa, Steven handled thousands of cases and nearly 100 jury trials, including drug trafficking and other drug crime cases involving misdemeanor and felony drug charges.
Since 2000, Steven has represented individuals who face criminal charges in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Punta Gorda and other cities and towns in Lee County, Charlotte County and Collier County. His experience as a prosecutor provides him unique insight into:
- How the state prosecutes cases
- When the state’s case is not as strong as prosecutors want you to believe
- When evidence is not admissible because authorities overstepped their legal rights
- What alternative resolutions are available if a client wishes to avoid a trial
Successfully defending against drug charges or minimizing the impact that a drug arrest has on your life requires a series of smart decisions. The most important one you will make following a drug felony arrest is the attorney you select to represent you.
It is critical to speak with a drug crime lawyer as soon as possible following your arrest. The law office of Steven Wetter, Attorney at Law, P.A., provides experienced and knowledgeable defense against the full spectrum of drug crimes, including:
- Drug possession and other misdemeanors — There is no such thing as a “minor drug charge.” A conviction can negatively affect your job, future career opportunities, college acceptance, financial aid or other aspects of your life.
- Drug trafficking — The more aggressive the charge, the more aggressive your defense counsel needs to be. We know how to uncover weak spots in the prosecution’s case.
- Possession with intent to distribute — These charges often result from federal investigations and are tried in federal court. We will help you decide whether to fight the charges or seek a reduced sentence or alternative resolution.
- Crimes involving prescription drugs — With prescription drugs, you may be surprised to discover that what you are accused of is even illegal. We provide a full explanation of the potential consequences and help you make the right decisions.
- Narcotics charges — These crimes also frequently lead to federal charges, where prosecutors are more aggressive. We will review the arrest to see if evidence was obtained illegally or your rights were violated.
Solved my worries. He took all the stress out.